Monday, March 19, 2012

Guest Designer, Jamie Dougherty!


It thrills me today, to introduce this months Guest Designer, Jamie Dougherty! Not only is she a friend of mine, but she is brilliant when it comes to using and incorporating paint into her breathtaking mixed media artwork! Here is a little bit more about Jamie in her own words...


"I've been creating art since my late teens. I had a fine arts and pottery background, coming into scrapbooking, so in the eight years that I have been creating scrapbook pages, I have learned to infuse my fine arts into my pieces. I love to involve myself in all aspects and avenues of creativity. Expanding my mediums helps me stay creative and put my best work out there. I am a Prima Educator and Designer and teach classes ranging from scrapbooking to mixed media, with fine arts techniques. I love working with Prima, Ranger Inks, Canvas Corp., PanPastels, and many many others!! :) I also am a writer and enjoy the change in creativity. It helps me stay open to new ideas in my scrapbooking and Mixed media art.

Supplies Needed for Today's Project:


11 x 14 canvas board
Shimmerz Vibez in (Rolling In The Hay)
Shimmerz Coloringz in (Mandarin Mai Tai)
Shimmerz Paints in (Sunflower)
Prima Brick screen
black gesso
palette knife
black India Ink/Black acrylic paint
paint brush
heat gun
can of compressed air
diecut/handcut hearts 
(Made out of vintage music sheets.)

Pin It

2 comments:

Heidi Kelley said...

THank you, thank you, Jamie!!

Stac said...

Jamie. . . girl. . .I love the compressed air idea!!! Watching your video really inspired me. Thank you soooo much!!!